Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Days in København.

The magazines I receive by post I’m usually storing them in the bathroom, in front of the toilet. Unfortunately most of them are no better than images and pictures bearers for me ‘cause I can’t read Danish. The other magazines that I store in front of my toilet are older Newsweek magazines that I am borrowing from the kitchen area. Though I am not so found of political or economic news in general, these magazines are my only way of knowing what is happening outside. In rest is only Danish…

Most of the times these poor magazines are getting completely soaked when I am taking a shower. The Danish tradition ‘forbids’ having a shower cabin or at least some water collecting thing at the base where the shower is pouring. So, literally, the whole bathroom is a shower… I am saying ‘forbids’ because so far I have never seen in any of the houses I had been a proper shower, though, again a very curious thing, I’ve only met showers and nothing else.
I am in holiday now. My last examination, which was completely uninteresting and unchallenging, was Thursday last week. The examination consisted in 95% my work which was putted in a power point by my team mates. The professors looked awfully bored with students, their works and life in general. I think that they expected a jokers’ show in order to pull them out of their obvious uninterested moods and not some technical drawings that I worked my ass off for some single family house in Utterslev Moose.

I am now lying in bed, in my 3 by 3 meters room. My own ‘monk cell’ as they are called unofficially on the KIKK site when I had applied for accommodation here. Tomorrow I have to wake up at 530 in order to do my j_o_b. Later on I have a job interview, which, by the way, the second one I have in half a year since I had arrived here!!!!!! Although I am tired of sending mails with applications or even handing in my CV myself to restaurants and bars and pubs… I think I had applied for around 100 positions so far with 99% failure rate. They don’t even bother to write you if you are not accepted or not. Before anything you have to wait…. If you want to date someone usually you have to wait until next month or so. If you want to go to doctor – the same, if want to buy some drugs (pharmacy ones) same… And everybody prefers to smile instead of telling that they hate you…. You know when at the pharmacy or at the supermarket they smile and they talk to you in English like a piece of scum, which is the purest way of saying: ‘What the fuck you’re doing here?!?!!! Go back to your fucking country!’

I think now I realize that there is actually something else than study and a life, that keeps me here. I can’t put it in words yet, however I have a feeling of what it might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home