Friday, January 30, 2009

So i know i haven't been visiting these pages for some while now but i do have some good excuses at least. And to see what i mean, please read the followings:

this is day 5 since i had arrived in Copenhagen which is supposed to be my new residence town for the future period of time because of my studies. before arriving here i had a couple of weeks full of work for my portfolio in order to send it to TUE and TUD. I was hoping to finish it and wrap anything and send them while i was till at home. However, luck was not with me, and given the lameliness of the photocopying center i got some pages badly printed, that could not be remade, so it could not be bind together and then sent with the rest of the application documents.

The solution was to do it here. Hence, i took all the pages and tried to put it together here. I had to remake some of them because of the poor quality or because of the page fitting. in total all the rest of the job to finish it here it cost me around 650 Danish Krona which is close to 100 Euros.

Lessons learned:
1) different printing machine - different qualities and - gosh - i mean really big differences - from color, to texture of the print, to position of the printed area on the page..
2) teh same applies to the photoshop program that is used to pen the tifs in order to print them: it depends on the settings for color it has loaded..
3) in order to have a full A4 - print the page on A3

well enough with the technical side of this issue.

I am trying to calm down. It has been actually a pretty stressful week because of the so many things which takes place in the same time. I feel now a lot more relived for sending the application documentation and somehow solving the issue with the service contract. What i feel unrest about is the environment here. Why is everyone asking me from where am i from and then when they found out they all of sudden lose interest in discussing with me?

What is so wrong about Romania? In fact this issue has stirred so many resentments that the lady from the faculty before understanding that i had been already accepted to study told me to go back to my country.. :( Someone else has expressed frankly that :Romania is a country of thieves and lairs.

Even so it seems that there are also some other fellows around here: yesterday i had lunch over a girl i heard about from a friend of mine back in romania. She was from brasov and she cooks very good :) when i left she gave me also half a bread. that was really nice of her.

today i heard romanian in the internet caffe i was. It was the dodgy voice of a "manele" type of guy (in fact he was actually listening to that in that moment).

In rest: it seems that the most appropriate jobs for me here are: papers distribution, bartender, cleaner or seller in supermarket. They say these jobs are the most easily to get.

I want to start getting to the gym again and start running.

need to calm down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home