Thursday, November 27, 2008

are you talking to me?

There is a strong physical feature that we share in comon with othe Southeren European countries: taking things personally. It did occured to me before too that we can not draw a distinct line between what is and should stay "professionally" and what is and should stay "personally". It was not until yesterday when I was supposed to send a mail to one of our contractors that was acusing me (though he is Austrian) of involving and not doing my proper job that I realised that I am still having this problem. My 1st replay to his bad English, acusing mail was a very acusing mail too. As usual such mails exchange will not lead anywhere 'cause people will keep acusing one eachother until the end of the day! I went to Paco to say his thoughts about my mail first - and I knew it was not what he will write.

"You have to be the 'white knight' of the mails, nothing should touch you personally". "Don't say: 'mr. Gigi' didn't answer...' say 'IMV did not replied back...'".
The 2nd reading of the mail for sure was not leaving the same impression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home