Saturday, July 02, 2005

New York via Prague

I want to return to Prague.... It's such a nice city and for a short moment it was my harbor.. Kundera is describing Prague just like i would... It is a city which for me is promising a lot. I had felt home there. And also there i had realized that it is not the buildings or the architecture that makes a city, but the people. This of course is partially true but at some point i was looking so much after a clear answer at this question (what makes the city) that I came up with this answer. It's the people living in that city that makes the city.

And another example is New York. The expression of the civil engineering limits before an aesthetic search. Better said the expression of the capitalism and were it leads... I didn't like NewYork. A whole business city, and if you go outside Manhattan you will see also the effects of capitalism, the side effects. And in the end also the people made me feel unwelcome. Hurry people, looking for themselves only. Busy living their own small lives.

I was so happy when i returned afterwards in Prague.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home