Tuesday, June 28, 2005

"Bird of Prey" + Milan Kundera

Have you ever listened to "Bird of prey" of Fat Boy Slim? Everytime i am listening to this song I really imagine a bird of prey. A hawk. Watching the ground from the sky, cutting the air and letting the wind vibrates in his feathers. You can hear the sound of wind.
It is a summer day, is hot and sunny. The sun is hitting the ground at it's peak. Although the song is also entitled "Sunset" i had always imagined the sun at midday.
I can imagine seeing the hawk while flying from above. I can see his feathers and head with peck. His feathers are brown and he flies above a desert or a poor vegetation field mostly rocky.

I was wondering if the feeling i have while listening to this song is purely Hollywoodian and so created by others for other people to think they feel it. I am not sure yet.
I tend to believe that the feeling i have and the sounds that make me feel like it are genuine.

I had bought a book today. Milan Kundera: "The unberable lightness of being" - I am not sure of the english title. It is one of my favorite books of Kundera the second one being "The book of laughter and forgetting". I had too choose between a book i had never red- Hesse "the best stories", or Marquez. I had picked Kundera although i had red it before because I knew what i was expecting from it, but i have to tell you that it was mostly the price which convinced me. It was cheaper. All the books are so expensive nowadays. As a student who has no money and is "parasiting" his parents I feel that my acces to culture is being hindred. I hate this feeling.
I am eager to learn and to find out more. Why a book is so expensive??? I am sure that that book can be made with a lower quality paper and without fancy colours and cover for everyone to afford it.

However i have the feeling of lightness. Of a bird of prey above the ground not being affected too much by this minor mishaps. I can feel the air passing my ears. I can feel the sun burning my back. I am flying above.

I had bought the book in the most natural way. I didn't even considered the book seller who was putting it in a fancy plastic bag. I gave him the money took the book and get out of the shop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maratonul Prostilor said...

Fly high!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home