Tuesday, July 26, 2005

... have you seen my spoon?

...it was during the today cleaning session when I had remembered a funny story which I say is representative for my personality, especially my affection part :).

3 years ago I guess I’ve been traveling in the North part of the country with a group of scouts, not any kind of scouts, but catholic scouts :)) - thing which made me want never to travel again in such a company..
It was winter, it was even close to Christmas Day and the initial plan was for us to spend these holidays in the realm of traditions, in villages of the north, staying over peasant's houses. Of course that this was a very nice plan, in the end anyone like to return to their own roots, especially us urban creatures, but in the end for me the dream didn't came true. I decided after the first 4 or 5 days with them to leave them and do something to my own they were too much for me - but this is another story.

We arrived at some point in some large city in North, and the organizers, the chief scout, were getting us to sleep to a house which was the property of the catholic church from that city. In this house we all ate together of course. We all contributed with money and bought food, some were cooking it, some washing the dishes. It was truly a scoutish thing - everything in common, even going to bathroom...

In the last day I was supposed to wash the dishes. There were piles of plates, mugs, glasses, knives... and suddenly just before everyone was about to leave - it was in the afternoon when we had train- I realized that I had lost my SPOON in this pile of dishes!!!!!! - this sound like in that joke with the 3 little frogs when the 3rd one couldn't drink any water because she forgotten her cup at home....

I started to look for my spoon. "Have you seen my spoon?"..."It was a soup spoon with no pattern on it. Was simple..."... "No!?!??!" ...

Finally I had founded my spoon. I still have it even today. Is the spoon I use for cooking in the mountains when I go camping :)) That's why :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home