Sunday, January 08, 2006

Trojan story - modern version

This is totally shit… I guess that the zen stage had left me.

I was trying to run this program on my computer and since I could do it because I didn’t knew how to manage the serial number I started searching the internet for some help.. BAD IDEA.. I had found a very strange looking site – just like a hacker might do and I tried to download something and all my system got viruses….

I started searching for anti-virus programs on the internet. I am downloading 3 programs.

I find out that one of them is actually a malware: spy sheriff – that is playing like a normal spyweare soft but in fact is deleting data and do all sort of bad stuff…

It seemed actually a bit dubious from the very beginning. I first run it without knowing what is and then I wanted to see if it is really a virus soft and googled its name. Then I found out from a forum is a Trojan program!!!!!!

Jesus!

I am downloading the info how to get rid of it. Great! I run the safe mode run the program is ok. I am now downloading another virus scan which will take some time. Meanwhile my project is staying in the same stage!!!!

I am feeling so non-zen.

Hope no data was deleted and I will be able to clean everything!

Now i had succesfully instaled ETABS - the program that triggered all this, and is working properly! :)) But i am so behind running my work and my project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home